Health care and health care financing are undoubtedly key issues for cities and counties in this state. In collaboration with the Center for State & Local Government Excellence, the UT Institute for Public Service has developed a summary of strategies to address rising health care costs. This work discusses some of the more important drivers of health care costs and provides six case studies highlighting solutions in use in local governments across the country.
Below are resources from the Panel Discussion on Local Governments' Health Care Costs held on Feburary 24, 2015 in Murfreesboro Tennessee.
- Governing Health Care Policies that Work
- Health Care Session, Feb. 24, 2015
- Health coverage and care for the adult criminal-justice involved population
- Health Coverage and care in the south in 2014
- Healthcare Conference Agenda
- Medicaid for those in the Criminal Justice System COUNCIL OF STATE GOVERNMENTS
- NACO Counties as Employers Health Reform Toolkit
- US Health Care SpendingTwice the Average